Changelog #25 - San Francisco, Singapore, Paris, and Tokyo early access, Koyeb CLI 3.0, and .env support in the control panel

Today, we’re excited to share that we have not 1 new region, not 2, not 3 but… 4 new regions in early access!
You can now deploy simultaneously across, EU, US and APAC in literally 1 minute.

And there is more, this week’s changelog also includes the Koyeb CLI 3.0 and the new ability to bulk add environment variables, dotenv style!

Let’s dive in:

1. New San Francisco, Singapore, Paris, and Tokyo regions in early access

We are thrilled to announce the addition of four new regions to the platform: Welcome San Francisco, Singapore, Paris, and Tokyo! These new regions are tripling our number of core locations and will allow us to better serve you and your users globally. They are joining Washington DC and Frankfurt on the list of core locations where you can deploy your services and applications.

All these cities are vibrant hubs of connectivity, and you can now deploy your applications in each or all of them in minutes, with zero infrastructure management. You can get started deploying in these new regions today: they are all available in preview on the platform.

Want to deploy in San Francisco, Singapore, Paris, or Tokyo? Let us know and we will grant you early access.

1. Koyeb CLI 3.0 released

The latest version of the Koyeb CLI significantly improves the CLI experience in 3 ways: better error messages, the service creation and update flow, and the overall foundations of the CLI. Read our CLI release announcement to learn more.

To get started using the new version of the CLI, make sure to update or install the Koyeb CLI.

What improvements would you like to see in the CLI? We are working on more improvements to our CLI experience and need your feedback!

❯ koyeb service create myservice --app staging
❌ Unable to find the application `staging`: no object could be found from the provided identifier

🔎 Additional details
The supported formats to resolve a application are:
* application full UUID
* application short ID (8 characters)
* application name

🏥 How to solve the issue?
Provide a valid application identifier
  1. .env support in control-panel: bulk add environment variables

You can now manage all the environment variables your service needs in one go! Previously, you could only add, remove and edit environment variables one by one, which was an exhausting task when you had dozens of variables. We added a “Bulk Edit” button, allowing you to update your environment variables using the dotenv file convention.

Have fun deploying worldwide in East and Southeast Asia, on the West and East Coasts of the US, and in Central Europe!

3 Likes

I want to apply for an early visit, thank you.

I want to apply for an early access to SIN region, thank you.

Hi all,

I’ve just enabled you early access to the new regions.

If you still cannot select them, disable the content blockers. If the issue continues, try in incognito mode. We do not display ads and do not share data with 3rd parties but we use 3rd party tools for tracking usage and enabling features.

@Sebastian

I need access to the new regions as well

I’d like to apply for early access for San Francisco :smiling_face:

I want to apply for an early access to SIN or TYO region, thank you.

I would appreciate it if you could give me access to Tokyo.

I want to access to new regions. thank you,happy every day.

I’d like to apply for an early access to Singapore or Tokyo, Thanks a lot!

i would like to access the new regions thanks

I deployed my app, but I can’t access the new region again. This is a bug?Please help

i would like to access the new regions thanks!!

I want to apply for an early access to SIN region, thank you

I redeployed my app, but I can’t access the new region again.