Changelog Update #7 - Custom health checks public preview, deployment status improvements, and FastAPI deployment guide

Today, we’re glad to share that custom health checks are now available to everyone in public preview.

We’ve also improved our deployment statuses and released new documentation to deploy FastAPI on Koyeb!

Let’s jump straight into the in-depth rundown of this week’s changelog:

1. Custom health checks in public preview
    The ability to customize health checks is now in public preview. This means everyone can now override the default TCP health checks to get more control over defining the health status of a service.

We currently allow defining HTTP and TCP health checks for each port exposed on your service. We plan to support more protocols in the future.

To start customizing health checks, click the Advanced button and go to the Exposing your service section. For each port defined, you can click Customize health checks to override the default TCP health check.

2. Deployment status improvements
    Sunny reported a regression occurring on new deployments. The starting status was displayed whereas the actual deployment status should have been unhealthy. This behavior made it hard to understand what was happening, especially during a health check failure.

3. New FastAPI deployment documentation

We published a new deployment guide in our documentation to help you get started deploying FastAPI applications on Koyeb :point_right: Deploy a FastAPI Python App - Koyeb

Any suggestion for which framework or language you think we should cover next?

The command web: uvicorn main:app doesnt work.
it should be changed to uvicorn main:app --host 0.0.0.0

made me spend 2 hours on this :sob:

To deploy the Python FastAPI app on Koyeb, using the control panel(opens in a new tab), click Create App and follow the steps below:

1. Select GitHub as the deployment method
  2. Choose the GitHub repository and branch containing your application code
  3. Under Build and deployment settings, set the run command to web: uvicorn main:app
  4. Name your App, for instance, koyeb-fastapi
  5. Click the Deploy button

Hi @zShan,

Thank you for bringing this to our attention. I apologize for the inconvenience and frustration caused by the typo in the FastAPI guide. After testing the command, I’m happy to share that I’ve updated the doc with uvicorn main:app --host 0.0.0.0. This update will ensure others won’t encounter the same problem in the future.

Once again, thank you for your help. Don’t hesitate to reach out if you ever have any questions or feedback for us. Out of curiosity, what are you using FastAPI to deploy?

~ Alisdair

A post was split to a new topic: Python FastAPI - websocket delay